Monday, February 2, 2015

My Reading Profile!

I wouldn't say I have much time for reading, but I sure do love it! I make the time between appointments, stolen moments, staying up way too late...you know the drill. I feel a constant rush to read as quickly as possible because my appetite is insatiable and I want to read ALL THE THINGS! The result is a complete lack of ability to commit, so its typical for me to be reading about a million things at once, all from different genres, without any seeming sense or order.

My favorite genres to read are:
  • Horror
  • Fantasy
  • Historical Fiction
  • Literary Fiction
  • Psychological Suspense 
  • Thrillers
  • Suspense
  • True Crime
  • And I dabble some in Non Fiction
Right now, and this is real, I am reading:
  • Night Film by Marisha Pessl
  • One of Us by Tawni O'Dell
  • The Wicked Girls by Alex Marwood
  • Hitler's Furies by Wendy Lower
  • Chasing the Ripper by Patricia Cornwell
  • Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
  • What We Talk About When We Talk About God by Rob Bell
  • Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
  • House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski 
  • Geek Love by Katherine Dunn
  • In the Woods by Tana French
  • Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
  • Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
  • In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
  • Lolita by Vladimir Vladimirovich Nabokov
  • Animal Farm by George Orwell
  • And sadly, I am sure that I am forgetting some that are sitting around my house and in my Kindle.
My favorite authors include Gillian Flynn, Marisha Pessl, Chuck Palahniuk, and Lauren
Beukes because my favorite books tend to be those that are dark and twisted, that scare me and make me question how I look at things!

I find books that I want to read by browsing reviews and book lists, and joyously relaxing by browsing the shelves at my library, looking for titles and covers that draw my attention.

I am not much a fan of romance, although there have been exceptions and I am SO over vampires! I also don't like mysteries very much, I like the idea of figuring them out but tend to find them a little cheesy.

Know something I should be reading? Tell me :) I love hearing about what others love to read.

2 comments:

  1. I am a READ ALL THE THINGS person, too. I tend toward historical romance, sci-fi, and fantasy, but, really, there aren't many books I won't try. I am sort of tired of vampires myself, too, but even so, if it was done well, I would probably still enjoy it.

    Curious - have you watched the "Outlander" TV show yet? I think I might like it just a smidge more than the book, which shocked me. It returns in April and I cannot wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny!

    You feel my pain. I usually finish them all eventually :) I am like you, really, I'll try any book once, and yes, although I tend toward being tired of vampires, I have been known to enjoy them here and there and still have plenty vampire stories saved in my Goodreads.

    I did watch it! I haven't gotten very far into the book yet, but the show was pretty good so I figured that I would give it a shot. I have to agree so far though, the show is more appealing to me. (It doesn't hurt that Jamie makes for some great eye candy!)

    ReplyDelete